With 14 years experience in running world-class historic motorcycle race meetings, the International Festival of Speed formally known as the Barry Sheene Festival of Speed returns to Sydney Motorsport Park on March 23rd – 26th 2017.
Bring the family and join the action to celebrate Italian GP motorcycle racing at it’s greatest, with guest racing legends, the exclusive appearance of the legendary Laverda V6, and over 30 famous GP bikes on track and on display including Giacomo Agostini’s 350cc & 500cc race bikes.
Watch over 400 classic race bikes battle in the 50 event race program over four action filled days, with Trans Tasman and International racers fighting for class honours and a spot in the much anticipated tribute race, the Barry Sheene Top 50 finale.
Highlights of the International Festival of Speed include the ever-popular spectator parade laps, trade & motorcycle club stands, show & shine competition and swap meet.
Meet your heroes throughout the pit garages and autograph sessions, with guest legends including:
– Giacomo Agostini (15 Time 350cc & 500cc GP World Champion)
– Piero Laverda
– John McGuinness (23-time Isle of Man TT winner)
– Gianfranco Bonera (500cc GP Rider)
– Pierfrancesco Chili (Superbike, 250cc & 500cc GP Rider)
– Jeremy McWilliams (250cc GP Winner & MotoGP Rider)
– Maria Costello MBE (Isle of Man TT Racer)
– Steve Parrish (500GP Rider & Factory Team Manager)
– Troy Bayliss (3 Time Superbike World Champion and MotoGP Rider)
– Graeme Crosby (500cc GP Rider and TT Formula One Winner)
– Kevin Magee (500cc GP Rider)
– Chris Vermeulen (2003 World Supersport Champion & MotoGP Rider)